Opens October 21, 2021
Voting begins Thursday, October 21 from 10 am – 7 pm at early voting locations
Early voting is available at the Davidson public library and other locations.
Eligible individuals may register and vote during the one-stop early voting period.
Local Election Details
Election Day 2021 is Tuesday, November 2. Early voting begins at on Thursday, October 21, at the Davidson public library, Cornelius Town Hall, and other locations.
This year, residents will vote for mayor and five commissioners at Davidson Town Hall or Hopewell Baptist Church, depending on precinct assignments (for Mecklenburg County) and at Mt. Mourne Fire Department in Mooresville for Davidson Pointe residents.
To vote as a resident of North Carolina, you must be a registered North Carolina voter. Registration information can be found at the Board of Elections site. Print out the application and send it to the Mecklenburg County Board of Elections (PO Box 31788 Charlotte, NC 28231) or, if you have a NC driver’s license or Identification Card, register online.
- Voter registration deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021
- Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- Click here for a Mecklenburg County absentee ballot application
- One stop early voting ends: Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 3 pm
- Election Day 2021: Tuesday, November 2, 6:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Absentee return deadline: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm